Mussoorie is a popular hill station located in the state of Uttarakhand, about 300 km from Delhi. It’s known for its scenic beauty, pleasant climate, and adventure activities. Here’s a suggested itinerary for a 3-day trip from Delhi to Mussoorie.
- Leave Delhi early in the morning (around 6-7 am) to avoid traffic and reach Mussoorie by midday.
- Check-in at your hotel and freshen up.
- Visit the Mall Road, which is the main shopping street in Mussoorie. You can explore the shops, eateries, and local markets here.
- In the evening, visit Gun Hill, which is the second-highest point in Mussoorie. You can take a cable car ride to the top of the hill and enjoy panoramic views of the city.
- After breakfast, visit Kempty Falls, which is a popular tourist spot located about 15 km from Mussoorie. You can take a dip in the waterfall or enjoy a picnic here.
- In the afternoon, visit Company Garden, which is a beautiful garden with various types of flowers and plants.
- In the evening, enjoy a leisurely walk along the Camel’s Back Road, which is a peaceful walking trail with stunning views of the Himalayas.
- After breakfast, go for a trek to Lal Tibba, which is the highest point in Mussoorie. You can enjoy panoramic views of the Himalayas from here.
- In the afternoon, visit the Mussoorie Lake, which is a beautiful lake surrounded by mountains. You can enjoy boating and other water activities here.
- In the evening, visit the Christ Church, which is a beautiful church located in the heart of Mussoorie.
Some additional tips:
- Make sure to carry warm clothes as it can get quite chilly in Mussoorie.
- Book your hotel in advance to avoid any last-minute hassles.
- Hire a local guide for trekking and sightseeing to get the best experience.
- Don’t forget to carry a camera to capture the scenic beauty of Mussoorie.
Note: The itinerary can be adjusted based on your interests and preferences.
I hope this helps you plan your trip to Mussoorie from Delhi!